My Degoogled Phone
This is my degoogled-setup for my phone, following up to this post. This android phone is powered with a custom rom and has no GAPPS pre-installed which means no Google Play services, no spyware.
I will try to keep this post updated.
- AdAway : Block ads and trackers.
- AfWall+ : Firewall (iptables frontend).
- AOSP camera
- AOSP contact
- AOSP clock
- AOSP messaging
- Conversations : An xmpp client, my primary instant messaging application.
- DecSync CC : Sync contacts and calendars via Syncthing.
- Duckduckgo Browser : Great google search replacement and the browser is actually nice.
- Etar : Open source calendar app.
- F-Droid - My only place to install applications.
- Librera Pro: An ebook reader.
- Feeder : Decent RSS Feeder.
- Files : Simple file manager.
- FairEmail : Email client. I used to use K-9 Mail, it’s still a solid choice if you don’t like FairEmail. I keep comming back and forth between those two.
- KeepassDX : Secure and open source password manager. Synced to my PC via Syncthing.
- KISS Launcher : Seriously the most comfortable launcher I’ve ever used.
- Loop Habit Tracker : Used to keep track and maintain my daily habits.
- Markor: Text editor : Notes & ToDo. Markdown supports.
- MoneyWallet : Best expense manager app that I’ve seen on F-Droid.
- MPV: Simple video and music player.
- MuPDF viewer : The name says it all.
- Newpipe : Lightweight YouTube frontend that doesn’t require google account and has no ads. (not really degoogled but I try to limit it as much as possible)
- OpenKeyChain : PGP key manager. Can be used to encrypt and decrypt files, emails,..
- OsmAnd~ : a map and navigation application with access to OpenStreetMap (OSM) data.
- Simple Gallery Pro : Basic yet highly customizable offline gallery.
- Slide for Reddit : Reddit client.
- SoundWaves : Podcasts client. It hasn’t been updated for a long time but it works so I have no complains.
- Syncthing : Sync all of my files across devices without going to any servers.
- Termux : Terminal emulator.
- Revolution IRC : IRC client.
- WireGuard : Android GUI for Wireguard.